Steps to help improve the immune system.
There is no cure or treatment for COVID-19, however, there are things we can do to help enhance our immune systems. As I write this there are more than 700,000 Americans dead! This is since my last update, which is of course very alarming. New infections and variants are still around!
There are herbs that seem to help fight viral infection. Click here for my recommendations. You will be able to order these professional grade products at a discount and have them delivered to your home. I would recommend that you order 2 or 3 of the items to help boost the immune system or to keep on hand. This virus is not going away any time soon.
You can take the recommended daily dose for maintenance and prevention and increase if needed.
My priorities besides Vitamin D3 listed below would be echinacea, olive leaf, st. john's wort, oil of oregano, garlic, astragalus root, licorice root, sambucus (elderberry). Two additional big winners are Vitamin B1 aka Thiamin, B-Complex and Melatonin. Vitamin B1/thiamin deficiency is helpful to protect against pneumonia. You could take B-Complex for prevention. If you notice any symptoms immediately add Vitamin B1 at another time of day. Melatonin helps with immune system function and fights viruses.
Headache Relief - A common symptom of COVID-19 is headache. The herb feverfew is known to help with headache/migraine.
Pick 2 or 3. You can click on any of these links to view and order the product.
The account is free to set up. If they are out of stock or back ordered you should be able to choose another similar product. I listed a couple of different products for each one. Everybody is running out of product. Check back each morning if you are unable to get what you want to see if they were able to restock.
Apple Cider Vinegar - Take 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar for maintenance daily, which can be mixed with water to your tolerance. If you notice any symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat, immediately increase to 2-3 tablespoons per day. This a good natural source of Vitamin C.
Vitamin D3 – 10,000 IU’s per day to be increased immediately to 30,000 IU’s the first day any symptoms are noted. Then 20,000 IU’s per day for 2-3 days then back down to 10,000 IU’s if symptoms are improved.
Cod Liver Oil – 1 tablespoon per day for maintenance daily. Increase to 2-3 tablespoons if any symptoms occur. You can take the oil or the 1,000 mg pills.
Baking Soda - Here is an old remedy that changes pH and help to stops things from growing. For maintenance 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon in water per day.
Drink Water – ½ your body weight per day. If you are not drinking much, then increase slowly and consistently until you get there. Be sure to read the label to see how the water was purified. You will be looking for reverse osmosis. Or alkaline and/or distilled water if you are sick.
Reduce alcohol consumption - While the liver is focused on breaking down and processing alcohol it cannot help the immune system fight infection.
Avoid sugar - It weakens the immune system. Here is a list of hidden sugars that may be in the foods we eat.
Get plenty of rest - The body needs time to heal and repair.
Avoid stress - There are various techniques to reduce stress.
1. Meditation: A few minutes of practice a day can reduce stress. Sit up straight with both feet on the floor. Close your eyes. Focus your attention on your breathing. With one hand on your belly. Slowly inhale through your nose, feeling the breath start in your abdomen and work its way to the top of your head. Reverse the process as you exhale through your mouth.
2. Listen to Music
3. Laugh it off: Find ways to relieve stress with humor.
4. Reach Out: Talk to others -- preferably face to face, or at least on the phone. Share what's going on. You can get a fresh perspective while keeping your connection strong.
5. Tune In to Your Body: Mentally scan your body to get a sense of how stress affects it each day. Lie on your back, or sit with your feet on the floor. Start at your toes and work your way up to your scalp, noticing how your body feels. Physical exercise is a proven way to reduce stress.
6. Decompress: Place a warm heat wrap around your neck and shoulders for 10 minutes. Close your eyes and relax your face, neck, upper chest, and back muscles. Remove the wrap, and use a tennis ball or foam roller to massage away tension.
Deep Breathing - Regular, focused breathing exercises can provide many health benefits, such as: the detoxification and release of toxins, the release of tensions and relief from emotional problems, pain management, improved posture, a strengthened immune system, increased digestion, and elevated moods and energy levels.
If you are symptomatic immediately stop all dairy products.
You will be staying indoors a lot more for a while. Stay active – exercise. Here are some guidelines.
Feel free to email me any questions at [email protected]
Back to our coronavirus (COVID-19) page.